HALF MARATHON | 13.1 MILES
Start Time: 7:00 am
Start Location: Olympic Legacy Bridge
Finish Location: Library Square
Course Time Limit: 6 Hours and 30 Minutes
Half Marathon Awards Ceremony: 9:00 am
Register for the University of Utah Health Salt Lake City Half Marathon and receive the following:
- A cool, one-of-a-kind cotton poly blend T-shirt
- A finisher medal proudly highlighting your accomplishment
- Gatorade, water, fruit, ice cream and more at the finish line
- Professional event timing and live results messaging to track your race progress
- Rockin' finish fest with live band, free massage, and free beer!
- Running shoes
All finishers receive a finisher medal to proudly highlight your accomplishment. Photos coming soon!
Additionally, custom designed plaques will be awarded three deep for the following male and female age categories:
|14 & under|
|15 to 19|
|20 to 24|
|25 to 29|
|30 to 34|
|35 to 39|
|40 to 44|
|45 to 49|
|50 to 54|
|55 to 59|
|60 to 64|
|65 to 69|
|70 to 74|
|75 to 79|
Want to give yourself an extra boost toward meeting your time goal on race day? Join a pace team!
A pace team is a group of runners led by an experienced leader who is skilled at keeping the group on target for a specific pace. You’ll be supported by a cheerful leader while running with other athletes who share the same time goal as you. And the best part—running with a pace team is free to registered athletes.
The University of Utah Health Salt Lake City Marathon is proud to have the Utah Race Pacers leading pace groups for the following finishing times:
|1 Hour and 35 Minutes|
|1 Hour and 40 Minutes|
|1 Hour and 45 Minutes|
|1 Hour and 50 Minutes|
|1 Hour and 55 Minutes|
|2 Hours and 10 Minutes|
|2 Hours and 20 Minutes|
|2 Hours and 30 Minutes|
|2 Hours and 45 Minutes|
|3 Hours and 30 Minutes|
The University of Utah Health Salt Lake City Half Marathon is proud to offer a special program to its elite athletes. If you are accepted into the program, you'll enjoy:
- One complimentary entry into the 2022 University of Utah Health Salt Lake City Half Marathon.
- VIP passes to all official half marathon celebration parties
- The elite athlete is eligible for the prize money award of the event he/she is registered for only. For example, if the elite athlete is registered in the 2022 Salt Lake City Half Marathon, he/she is eligible, according to his/her finishing place, for the marathon prize money.
Note: The University of Utah Health Salt Lake City Half Marathon does not provide airfare, hotel, nor transportation to elite athletes.
- You must have a verifiable qualifying half marathon time after January 1, 2019.
- Men - 1 Hour and 20 Minutes
- Women - 1 Hour and 30 Minutes
- Complete the online application. APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JANUARY 31, 2022. Submission of an application does not guarantee elite status. Race organizers will contact you no later than February 15, 2022 via email if you are accepted.
- Upon acceptance, elite athletes must post on his or her personal or professional athletic-themed Facebook page announcing his or her acceptance and participation in the Salt Lake City Marathon. The post must be completed by March 1, 2022 or the elite entry will be void.
- All prize winners are based on clock (gun) time.
- Legal residency for prize winners is the State on the participant’s driver’s license.
- Prize winners will be required to email email@example.com the necessary IRS tax forms (W-9) and official state ID to receive their prize check after the race.
__GREEN__ – “Normal”
Good conditions; runners/walkers should be alert and enjoy the race.
__RED__ – “Dangerous”
Potentially dangerous conditions.
- Heat – Runners/walkers should slow down and drink plenty of water.
- Lightening/hail/tornado – Runners/walkers should take cover at the closest shelter until the course is reopened.
- Timing of the event has stopped and no awards will be given out at this time.
- Medical remains in place on the course.
__YELLOW__ – “Caution”
Less than ideal conditions; runners/walkers should slow down and drink plenty of water.
__BLACK__ – “Cancelled”
Extremely dangerous conditions; event cancelled, participation stopped – runners/walkers should stop, seek shelter and follow instructions from race staff, volunteers and public safety officials.
There will be a gear bag drop-off area near the start line and a bag pickup area near the finish line. Just look for the "Gear Check" signs. Please follow these guidelines:
- Your bag must be dropped off no later than 6:45 am, so we can transport them to the finish line before the race begins. If you miss the drop-off deadline, you may have to wait longer.
- You must use the gear bags provided to you at the Expo.
- You must use the gear check tag located on your bib to identify your bag.
- Please DO NOT leave valuables in your bag, as we cannot be responsible for the contents of your bag.
- DO NOT leave your bag unattended outside the official bag drop area. Bags left unattended may be confiscated due to Homeland Security requirements.
- Runners going backwards, animals, bicycles, and roller skates are all prohibited in the University of Utah Health Salt Lake City Half Marathon.
- No wheeled vehicles are allowed other than wheelchairs and hand cycles participating in the race.
- Walkers will be allowed in the half marathon as long as a 15 minute/mile pace can be upheld.
- Participants who cannot finish the half marathon in 3 hours and 15 minutes will be asked to move to the sidewalks if they wish to complete the race.
- MP3 players are permitted during the race. For the safety of all on the course, we ask that runners keep their music low or consider using just one headphone.
- Runners with strollers are allowed, but you must start in the back of the pack as a courtesy to runners without strollers.
- Our half marathon course is wheelchair friendly, and we gladly welcome para-athletes to participate.
- Wheelchairs and hand cycles will begin the half marathon at 6:20 a.m.
- In accordance with USATF guidelines, wheelchair and hand cycle athletes must wear helmets.