Register for the 2019 University of Utah Health Salt Lake City Marathon Bike Tour and receive the following:
- A cool, one-of-a-kind technical T-shirt
- A finisher medal proudly highlighting your accomplishment
- Gatorade, water, fruit and ice cream at the finish line
- “Check for bikes” window cling to promote safety for all cyclists
- Goody bag filled with gifts from our sponsors
- Great food at finish line festival
__GREEN__ – “Normal”
Good conditions; runners/walkers should be alert and enjoy the race.
__RED__ – “Dangerous”
Potentially dangerous conditions.
- Heat – Runners/walkers should slow down and drink plenty of water.
- Lightening/hail/tornado – Runners/walkers should take cover at the closest shelter until the course is reopened.
- Timing of the event has stopped and no awards will be given out at this time.
- Medical remains in place on the course.
__YELLOW__ – “Caution”
Less than ideal conditions; runners/walkers should slow down and drink plenty of water.
__BLACK__ – “Cancelled”
Extremely dangerous conditions; event cancelled, participation stopped – runners/walkers should stop, seek shelter and follow instructions from race staff, volunteers and public safety officials.
There will be a gear bag drop-off area near the start line and a bag pickup area near the finish line. Just look for the "Gear Check" signs. Please follow these guidelines:
- You must use the gear bags provided to you at the Expo.
- You must use the gear check tag located on your bib to identify your bag.
- Please DO NOT leave valuables in your bag, as we cannot be responsible for the contents of your bag.
- DO NOT leave your bag unattended outside the official bag drop area. Bags left unattended may be confiscated due to Homeland Security requirements.
We recommend that you park or get dropped off at the Merrill Engineering Parking lot on the University of Utah Campus, at the corner of North Campus Drive and Wasatch Blvd. Ride only 1/2 mile south on Wasatch Drive to the start area.
- Arrive at the ride on time and ready to ride. The start time means rolling out time, not arrival time.
- Riders without bibs will not be allowed on the course. Security personnel and course marshals will be located at the start and throughout the course to remove riders without bibs.
- Helmets are required for participation in the Bike Tour for safety reasons. Riders not wearing helmets will be asked to leave the course and will not be allowed to participate in the tour.
- Show up prepared with any spares, tools or other items that you will need.
- There will be no late starts.
- Radios, walkmans and headphones are prohibited on the course.
- No drafting.
- Use caution on descending hills. Be sure to brake lightly and hold onto your handle bars securely.
- Pass on the left side of a cyclist after yelling out, “on your left.”
- Maintain an average speed of 15 mph in order to finish within the 1 hour and 45 minute time limit. If you are not able to maintain that pace, we recommend that you adjust your training schedule to hit this pace.
- Riders will be expected to obey the laws of the road and use courtesy, caution and common sense.
- Bike Tour course marshals will enforce the minimum speed and will disqualify participants who cannot finish the course in the allotted time.
- A maximum speed of 30 mph has been established by the Salt Lake City Police Department.
- Recumbent, mountain, tandem, electric-assist, cruiser, hand cycle and touring bikes are allowed on the course.