Register for the 2020 University of Utah Health Salt Lake City Marathon 5K and receive the following:
- A cool, one-of-a-kind technical T-shirt (photo coming soon!)
- A finisher medal proudly highlighting your accomplishment (photo coming soon!)
- Gatorade, water, fruit and ice cream at the finish line
- Professional event timing and live results messaging to track your race progress
- Great food at finish line festival
Additionally, custom designed plaques will be awarded three deep for the following male and female age categories:
|14 & under|
|15 to 19|
|20 to 24|
|25 to 29|
|30 to 34|
|35 to 39|
|40 to 44|
|45 to 49|
|50 to 54|
|55 to 59|
|60 to 64|
|65 to 69|
|70 to 74|
|75 to 79|
__GREEN__ – “Normal”
Good conditions; runners/walkers should be alert and enjoy the race.
__RED__ – “Dangerous”
Potentially dangerous conditions.
- Heat – Runners/walkers should slow down and drink plenty of water.
- Lightening/hail/tornado – Runners/walkers should take cover at the closest shelter until the course is reopened.
- Timing of the event has stopped and no awards will be given out at this time.
- Medical remains in place on the course.
__YELLOW__ – “Caution”
Less than ideal conditions; runners/walkers should slow down and drink plenty of water.
__BLACK__ – “Cancelled”
Extremely dangerous conditions; event cancelled, participation stopped – runners/walkers should stop, seek shelter and follow instructions from race staff, volunteers and public safety officials.
There will be a gear bag drop-off area near the start/finish line. Just look for the "Gear Check" signs. Please follow these guidelines:
- You must use the gear bags provided to you at the Expo.
- You must use the gear check tag located on your bib to identify your bag.
- Please DO NOT leave valuables in your bag, as we cannot be responsible for the contents of your bag.
- DO NOT leave your bag unattended outside the official bag drop area. Bags left unattended may be confiscated due to Homeland Security requirements.
- Runners going backwards, animals, bicycles, and roller skates are all prohibited in the Alaska Airlines Salt Lake City Marathon 5K.
- Walkers will be allowed in the 5K as long as a 15 minute/mile pace can be upheld.
- MP3 players are permitted during the race. For the safety of all on the course, we ask that runners keep their music low or consider using just one headphone.
- Runners with strollers are allowed, but you must start in the back of the pack as a courtesy to runners without strollers.