HUNSTMAN CANCER INSTITUTE
The Huntsman Heroes is a fundraising program that provides athletes with personalized coaching, special access to capped events and a team jersey while raising much-needed funds for cancer research at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. Staff, coaches, fellow participants and honored patients support committed HHH athletes in meeting both their physical and financial goals.
Each HHH participant commits to raising a pre-determined amount of money for participating in this event ($500 for the marathon, $200 for the 5k). 100% of all funds raised are used to fuel cancer research at Huntsman Cancer Institute. Since 2003, Hometown Heroes have raised more than $5M because people like you stepped up to support cancer research.
This program matters to the Alaska Airlines Salt Lake City Marathon, and the Huntsman Cancer Institute matters to this community. This year, dedicate your run to cancer research.
PROGRAM DETAILS & TEAM BENEFITS
Become part of the Huntsman Hometown Heroes program and receive the following:
- Training gear and a team jersey
- Running/walking and cycling coaches
- Fundraising assistance
- Registration for the run, walk or cycling event
- VIP treatment on training runs and at the finish
- Putting the funds you raise to work immediately in cancer research
Participants must commit to the following:
- Paying a non-refundable processing fee ($10 for the 5K and $25 for the marathon, half marathon or bike tour)
- Training for and running in the Alaska Airlines Salt Lake City Marathon, Half Marathon, Bike Tour or 5K
- Raising the minimum required amount (track donations with your own website)
- Expanding Huntsman Cancer Foundation’s “Circle of Hope” by telling friends and family
- Having fun!